• Question: whats the qualifications to be and eningier in the medical area

    Asked by 333smaj26 to Tony on 16 Jun 2017.
    • Photo: Tony Anson

      Tony Anson answered on 16 Jun 2017:

      Engineering covers a very broad field ! for example, electrical, electronics, mechanical, chemical, design, civil and so forth. What this means is that you could train to be a specialist in electronics and deal with complex equipment like an MRI scanner or to monitor some ones heart rate, or other diagnostic instruments. Alternatively, as a mechanical engineer you could be involved in the development of a medical implant, like a hip or perhaps aids for disabled people.
      There is a lot to learn in the bioengineering field and in comprises different subjects. The route for all this is decent ‘A’ levels and progress into University for a first degree and if you find some of the subject areas interesting and stimulating, progress to a PhD.
      At university, you will begin to open-up the door of possibilities and if you find something that really appeals to you, you have the possibility of a rewarding future !